Description: Automotive Service Writer / Advisor
Automotive Service Writer / Advisor Job Purpose: Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Automotive Service Writer / Advisor Job Duties:
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Scheduling, Answering all incoming calls and greeting walk-in customers, the service advisor assesses the needs of prospective customers and schedules times for them to bring their automobiles in for servicing. The aim of the service advisor is to provide the customer with a pleasant and positive experience.
- Following up with the customer for their recent auto service.
Skills/Qualifications: Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Safety Management...
In addition to the opportunities for career growth, we offer a benefits package including:
- A highly competitive pay plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid uniforms
About TL MOTORS:
TL Motors is a fast growing company, Our full time Technicians have the benefit of attending on going training for this ever changing automotive technology. Our Technicians are ALLSTARS. Our store is equipped with the latest technology to service and repair the latest vehicle’s. This is a DRUG FREE Automotive store.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE