Without a proper functioning cooling system, heat levels produced by your car’s engine can leed to damage the components of the engine. A properly functioning cooling system, which circulates coolant and dissipates the heat away from the engine, is absolutely necessary to prevent
Your vehicle has five principal components in its cooling system.
- Radiator — an auto radiator has a set of tubes called the “core” that the coolant flows through. Cooling fins surround the core. As air passes through the fins, the coolant releases its heat to the fins, which dissipate the heat.
- Radiator cap — there has to be a place to pour in coolant and the radiator cap covers that filling hole. The cap is also designed to seal the system to a specific pressure.
- Radiator hoses — the coolant goes from the radiator to the engine through a series of hoses that are sturdy and flexible enough to handle engine vibration and high heat.
- Thermostat — like the device on your home heating/cooling system, the engine thermostat keeps the engine at the proper operating temperature.
- Water pump — this is the heart of the engine cooling system. It pumps coolant through the whole cooling system, and into the engine block.
car overheating and posibly aluminum heads can warp, head gaskets can blow and even worse you may be stranded in an unfamiliar area miles from home.
If your car is overheating it can come from a variety of issues. If your engine is running hotter than normal, either shortly after starting or over time, or if you find coolant puddled beneath your car, it’s probably time to stop by TL Motors for an inspection.
TL Motors can help keep your vehicle’s cooling system operating efficiently and avoid preventable repair costs. We recommend having coolant replacement performed according to your car’s factory-recommended maintenance schedule. This regular maintenance of your vehicle’s radiator and cooling system can help avoid car overheating and costly repair services.
Whether you need a coolant flush, water pump replacement, radiator repair, or any other engine cooling service, TL Motors can handle the job.